Wednesday 26 February 2014

71. BIRTHDAY MESSAGE
(FEBRUARY 27)

Dear Readers,
On this happy occasion, I would like to point out that for the first time in my life, I am experiencing a strange sense of satisfaction which is coming from your continued encouraging response to my efforts towards making everyone’s life easier, through this blog, by stressing in various ways that it is only how we think that makes all the difference
(Also see #13).
On this occasion, I would also like to request you to kindly join me in spreading the message, far and wide, that if we think properly, we won’t ever be unhappy.

Hausla afzahi k liye thanks.
Sirf tumne meri kadar jana,
Ek dost ka dil pehchana,
Kabhi chup reheke na tadpana,
Phir samay mile to ana …

Thank you very much indeed.
Yours truly,
Sujit Mukerji.
70. I WAS WRONG
- Sujit Mukerji
 I thought I had given all I could give
And didn’t know why I continued to live;
It only meant He had more plans for me
What He simply did not want me to see;
I wondered what more role I had to play
And why in His call for me was the delay;
And asked if only he shouldn’t stay on
Who had anything to usher in the dawn?

Now I see how wrong was I
For more I know with days gone by;
The more I live, the more I grow -
The more I can give: life has this to show;
Experience is something that makes us wise -
So, we turn to the older when problems arise;
Thus I wish to God I live and live -
So, as I grow I can just give and give …

69. ‘Ashanti’ (disturbance) ó ‘Swarth’ (selfishness) ó Destruction.
‘Shanti’ (peace) ó ‘Uchit (what is ethical) ó Construction.
- Sujit Mukerji

68. We have only to choose between ‘swarth’ (selfishness) and ‘uchit’ (what is ethical). ‘Swarth’ means how we feel now, whatever the ultimate result; ‘Uchit’ means whatever we might feel now, the ultimate result is definitely good and desirable.
- Sujit Mukerji

67. We know that if there is a beginning, there has to be an end. Yet, we tend to hold on to certain things, just refusing to accept the inevitable, and thus invite pain.
- Sujit Mukerji

66. Destiny can be said to have had (or have) a role when nothing could have been (or can be) done about something.
 - Sujit Mukerji

65. Life in its varied hues,
Never forgets to give us the clues;
To keep us away from the horrid blues …
Is it not something for us to muse?
- Sujit Mukerji

64. Zindagi kat rahi h yahi kya kam h?
Sab Usi ki hi to marzi h -
Isi baat me dum h;
Mana kanto ki rah me fasen hum h …
Par jab Wo h to kis baat ka gam h?
(We are at least continuing - Isn’t that the good part? Everything is His wish - only this fact holds water; of course, life is a bed of thorns but when He is there then why should we worry?)
- Sujit Mukerji

63. Jab saza kis gunah ki samajh me na aye,
Zindagi ek bojh ban jaye,
Tab Us par bharosa hi kaam aye,
Usne bhala bhi to kiya- ye yaad aye,
Ek asha, ek umang, ek josh le aye,
Sapno ka ek aur daur shuru ho jaye …
(When we fail to understand the cause of our sufferings, i.e., when we can not understand why we are being punished and life becomes a burden, then only it is the Trust in Him that helps. It reminds that He has also done us good. This brings a new ray of hope which, in turn, brings the zest for life back in us. And this enables us to see and envision new dreams …)
- Sujit Mukerji

62. For every situation, we have only three options:
(i) Accept it anyhow: if there is no alternative but to accept it then what is the point in grudging about it?
(ii) Change it:  if it can be favorably altered, what is the point in not doing so?
(iii) Seek help: There is nothing wrong in seeking help but doesn’t that prove our inability to manage things on our own and our tendency to be dependent? In other words, by being dependent we prove to ourselves and to the world that we are, on such counts, pathetically handicapped deserving nothing more than sympathy. Why should we bring ourselves to a point where we have to denigrate ourselves in our own eyes and in the eyes of the world?
- Sujit Mukerji

61. Anger is nothing but manifestation of our frustration. By getting angry, we simply declare ourselves as failures in getting our wishes fulfilled. In other words, we declare ourselves as misfits.
- Sujit Mukerji

60. Life would indeed be a wonderful experience if each and every one of us could be more conscious of our own duties than of our rights.
- Sujit Mukerji

59. Bachpan ki nind to befikri aur sukoon ki nishani thi,
Aaj wahi sirf thakan ki majboori h …
Par dukhon wali raat nind kise aati h,
Aur khushi hi mil jaye to sota kaun h?
(Childhood sleep was a sign of peace and absence of concern.
Today it is just a compulsion due to fatigue.
But how can one sleep during nights of sadness and who wants to sleep when there is happiness?)

- Sujit Mukerji

No comments:

Post a Comment